Highville is excited to launch the new i-Ready Diagnostic and Instruction program for Reading and Mathematics beginning in September! This program will help us meet the needs of all of our students by providing immediate data feedback as well as a variety of instructional tools and strategies based on individual student needs.
i-Ready will provide:
- Alignment to the new national standards.
- Benchmark assessments 3 times a year for all students grades K-8.
- Monthly progress monitoring.
- Immediate data feedback.
- Online reports that pinpoint student abilities and areas of need.
- Online instruction that is personalized for each student.
- Suggestions for teacher-led instruction that includes lessons and resources.
- A “lexile” reading level for each student to help teachers and parents match their students to appropriate reading material.
- Student motivation through use of engaging interactive features.
- Teachers will use the information from i-ready at weekly data meetings to help determine student growth and needs.
- The program will assist teachers in grouping their students for classroom instruction.
- Parents will be able to access and view their child’s progress from home.
**For more information and to view a demo online, go to http://www.i-ready.com/empower (click “Watch the demo”).