Highville Charter School, Inc. Board of Directors Minutes of Regular Meeting. March 21, 2012.
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by Dave Thompson, Chairperson, at 6:10 p.m. Other Board members present included: Robin Sadek, Sharon Bender, Alison Given, Flora Newton, Jessica Philpotts, Sean Hutchinson, Regina Martin
Administrative staff present: Bill Troy, Oscar Grant, Niki Nash
Absent: Alexis Highsmith, Linda Baylor, Rona Scott
- Motion to approve minutes 2/15/12
S. Bender/R. Martin: Unanimous
- The Personnel Committee did not meet.
Facility Negotiating Committee
- The committee met with our landlord, Ira Saferstein and his attorney, Chuck Willinger, Esq. to discuss the future of Highville at 130 Leeder Hill Drive.
- Connecticut Mastery Testing and make-ups have been completed. The tests have been boxed, secured, and are ready to be sent for scoring. We are about 1.5 to 2 weeks ahead of our schedule.
- We received 98 applications by the deadline. 27 of the applications were siblings.
- The staff attended two Saturday trainings on the Promethian boards. Future trainings are being scheduled.
- Mr. Troy gave an overview of Governor Malloy’s town hall meeting he attended at Wilbur Cross on March 13, 2012. We should hear something in about six weeks if we will receive additional funds from the Governor’s proposal.
- We will not receive additional enrollment seats for the 2012-2013 school year.
Motion to adjourn at 6:35 p.m.
S. Bender/D. Thompson: Unanimous