Highville Charter School, Inc. Board of Directors Minutes of Regular Meeting. Nov. 16, 2011
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by David Thompson, at 6:13 p.m. Other Board members present included: Tony Bures, Sean Hutchinson, Robin Sadek, Regina Martin, Linda Baylor, Clarence Ashe
Administrative staff present: Bill Troy, Niki Nash, Oscar Grant
Absent: Rona Scott, Flora Newton
- Motion to accept the minutes dated 09/21/2011
R. Martin/D. Thompson: Unanimous
- Motion to add Tony Bures, Jessica Philpotts and Sharon Bender to Board of Directors
L. Baylor/S. Hutchinson: Unanimous
- Motion was made to appropriate up to $140,000 to continue negotiations of smartboards.
T. Bures/S. Hutchinson: Approved: 7 Yea, 1 Abstain (L. Baylor)
- Motion was made to continue negotiating the long-term facility use with Ira Saferstein, the building owner, and his lawyer Chuck Willinger, Esq.
R. Martin/T. Bures: Unanimous
Personnel Committee Report
Update was provided regarding a member of the teaching staff. Request was made and granted for letter to be sent to clarify employee’s status.
Finance Committee Report
The Board was updated regarding negotiations to buy up to 20 smartboards. The purchase would include 2-3 yrs professional development and a 5 yr guarantee on maintenance costs; additionally, updating the desktops and school server (adding Safari). Discussion was also held to purchase the building in 2013.
- Global Studies discussion was tabled until next meeting
- As of October 1st, Highville is currently at 337 students. We have reached our enrollment capacity for the 2011/12 school year.
- Mrs. Nash shared the discussions held at the Individual Faculty Meetings regarding data collection and review of student performance. Topics covered were issues to learning, trends and strategies – RTI Process Evaluations.
- Mr. Troy stressed the importance of putting a 2012-2013 organizational structure in place and would submit a draft for the Board to review. A meeting will be placed and held before the next regularly scheduled BOD meeting to discuss this topic further.
- Consolidation Grant (Title I, Title II) was cut by $5000 by the Fed.
- Mr. Troy requested from the Board dates and times during the month of December for a possible walkthrough and site visit.
Motion to adjourn at 8:08 p.m.
R. Martin/L. Baylor: Unanimous