Dear Highville Charter School Community Members,
I am very excited to be writing this letter to you as the newly appointed Principal of the Highville Charter School. Over the course of the next few months, I look forward to learning more about the school and our community. I come to you as the former Alternative Education Director of the Windsor Public Schools, Principal of Derby Middle/High School and the former Superintendent of RSD No. 6 in Litchfield, CT. I believe that the measure of success and excellence starts with our student body and the support from our staff, community, parents and guardians. With support for a strong foundation of excellence, I am confident my leadership and team approach will be an asset to the school and community.
As principal, my main focus will be to continually:
- Meet with the staff and students daily
- Empower our staff and students to achieve great success in the areas of student achievement,
- school attitudes and community pride
- Engage the students in character development and leadership programs
- Manage the daily behavior and discipline needs of the school, as well as the positive school climate
- Work with the building staff to continue to identify the needs of the students
- Meet with parents, community and family members
- Support and develop programs that will enhance student achievement , life skills and character
In closing, I take great pride in my commitment to the students’ needs and their learning environment. A school should be an inviting place where positive, lifelong experiences are made and used as the foundation for the rest of our lives. I am excited to be working with the Highville Charter staff to help foster this type of learning environment.
Please feel free to stop by for a visit. I look forward to meeting all of you.
Craig D. Drezek